There comes a time when some marriages need to end. It can be a painful process, but there is no need to go through it completely alone. A Divorce Mediator can help you through the most difficult parts of your separation so that all your goals are met in a constructive way.
What is a Divorce Mediator?
Divorce Mediation is focused on what is best for each person in a relationship, and most importantly, your children should you have any. In Divorce Mediation, you and your spouse meet with a neutral third party, the mediator, who helps you work through the issues surrounding how to end your marriage amicably. The issues covered can be but are not limited to:
- Distribution of Property
- Child Custody/Co-Parenting Options
- Child Support/Maintenance
- Financial Disputes
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
Oftentimes, Divorce Mediation is a far more cost-effective method than hiring a divorce attorney. Issues that take more time to work through do not end up being as much of a financial burden as they are when working with a divorce attorney. Divorce Mediators are beneficial in that they:
- Keep Issues focused
- Offer great flexibility to work out problems on your own time
- Offers solutions to help you work together as parents
- Many people find that their post-divorced relationship is better than their married one after working with a mediator